Zoning Administrator Shelley Williamson, 704-279-2180.
The purpose of the zoning ordinance is promoting the public health, safety, morals, and general welfare of the residents of the Town of Rockwell and it extraterritorial jurisdictional (ETJ) area by:
- promoting the orderly development of the community
- lessening congestion in the roads and streets
- securing safety from fire, panic, and other dangers
- providing adequate light and air
- preventing the overcrowding of land
- avoiding undue concentration of population
- facilitating the adequate provision of transportation, water,
sewerage, school, parks, and other public requirements
- preserving and enhancing the natural environment
- ensuring the development of a future environment that realizes the
greatest possible use and enjoyment of individual properties
- and protecting overall property values within the Town and ETJ.