You are here:

 / Home  / FAQ's


View town related maps.

Frequently asked questions about Rockwell.


"The old rock well."

P.O. Box 506
202 E. Main St.
Rockwell, N.C. 23138
Voice 704-279-2180
Fax 704-279-0454

Frequently Asked Questions

Town Administration (More Town Administration FAQ’s)

    Which utilities service the area? 

    City of Salisbury – Water & Sewer Services  
    Duke Energy Co. – Electric Services 
    Piedmont Natural Gas – Natural Gas Services 
    Windstream & Time Warner – Both companies offer Telephone, Cable, & High Speed Internet Connections

    How are residential garbage pickup and recycling handled and when?

    Pickups will be every Friday unless Christmas or New Years happens to fall on a Friday.  Pickup will then be on Saturday.   See Garbage and Recycling in the Public Works Section for more details.

    What are the local schools?

    Rockwell area is serviced by Rockwell Elementary and Shive Elementary, C.C. Erwin Middle School, and East Rowan High School ( or you may wish to enroll in Rockwell Christian School (

Fire Department (More Fire Department FAQ’s)

    Can the Fire Department check my blood pressure?

    Blood Pressure checks are provided free to anyone during the hours of 8am to 5pm, Monday thru Friday at the station.

    When are the regular meeting dates for the Fire Department?

    The department holds regular monthly business meetings on the 2nd Tuesday of each month and regular training meetings on the 4th Tuesday of each month.  Additional dates for Officer and EMS Continuing Education Training are also provided.

Police Department (More Police Department FAQ’s)

    I was involved in a traffic accident in Rockwell.  How do I get a copy of the Crash Report ?

    Crash Reports are available by 12:00 pm the next business day after the crash.  It is a complete copy of your DMV-349 crash investigation report and is available at the Rockwell Police Department.  There is a processing charge of $ 2.00 for each Crash Report.

    I need to talk with an officer, but it’s not an EMERGENCY.

    You may call our business office number (704) 279-3420.  If no one is there, you can leave a message on our voice mail or call the non-emergency communications center number (704) 216-8500.  The telecommunicator will be glad to dispatch an officer to your location or have him return a call to you.

    I’m going out of town on vacation.  Can the Police “keep an eye” on my house while I’m gone?

    Please contact us and come by to complete a residence check request.  An officer while on his regular daily patrol will drive by and check your property at least once during his shift. (time and call load permitting).  We offer this as a free service to town residents, in an effort to protect your property while away. The Town of Rockwell cannot guarantee that this will keep your home from being damaged or broken into, but it does give some added security to the homeowner and surrounding neighbors while you’re away. is the official web site of the Town of Rockwell, North Carolina
Employee Log In